[Paraview] Creating vectors using multiple files and Vector projections on a Slice

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 21 11:19:25 EST 2012

Hi Pradeep,

David gave you a great answer which illustrates ParaView's flexibility
nicely. I would add that, for reasons of convenience, performance, and
efficient memory use, your best bet is to find a parallel capable reader
for your data format, or to tweak your output into one of the existing
formats.

For example, the BOV reader in the SciberQuestToolKit plugin handles
uniform and stretched cartesian meshes like you have and it expects
vector components in separate files. There are some usage notes about
this reader here: http://www.hpcvis.com/vis/sq-bov-reader.html If you
try it feel free to ping me off list with any questions.

I believe XDMF could also read raw binary data (sans hdf5). Having not
used this myself, I don't the details, and I couldn't give it a strong
endorsement. However, it maybe worth looking into.

Burlen