[Paraview] wxpython and paraview 3.98

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Dec 18 05:23:29 EST 2012

I am not familiar with wxpython, so not sure what might be the issues
you're running into to. However, just to answer your question about
Python version shipped with ParaView, it is not a modified version, we
directly build from source and package the generated binaries. For
information about which version was packaged, refer to
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_Binaries.

If things are working in pvpython and not with the GUI, my guess is
that it has something to do with event loops. ParaView has the Qt
event loop always active and the Python shell is indeed running in the
same main thread, FWIW.

Utkarsh