[Paraview] What is the maximum file size Paraview can handle?

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Dec 17 06:28:20 EST 2012

Using parallel IO and HDF5, I've worked happily with some files of about 10TB. There is no real limit to the size paraview can handle, it's more about the filesystem and the efficiency of your reader, its parallel decomposition and the number of cores you have available. I think you're really trying to ask, how big a dataset can you manage? In which case the answer is as above - the system you are using is the limiting resource.

JB