[Paraview] Overlay image over sphere

deb otrov at hush.ai
Sun Dec 16 16:38:13 EST 2012

On 16.12.2012 at 8:05 PM, "Sebastien Jourdain" wrote:

>You need to add your raster as texture to the sphere. In the property panel
>(Turn on the advanced option), you should find an option to add a texture
>to your sphere.

Thanks Sebastien,

Your tip helped me find that I have to add filter to make texture possible, and then it covers whole sphere 2 times - once each hemisphere. I'll try harder and perhaps discover if I can add texture just on specific part (tile) of the sphere.

If you don't mind asking again, can you tell me if it's possible to overlay heighfield over sphere instead 2D image?
I didn't find how to make Paraview read TIFF as heighfield, but I can easily convert TIFF to NetCDF or HDF5 which Paraview loads in 3D

Regards
deb