[Paraview] Problems with rendering/interacting with a large-ish volume data set...

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Fri Dec 14 19:08:32 EST 2012

Hi Seb,

I have asked the researcher, but in the mean time one can create the
problem by simply generating a file of dimension 698x693x665 (Zeros.raw)
with all Zeros in it. It seems to be independent of what is in the data
file...

I load it with the "Raw (binary) Files" reader setting the dimensions as
appropriate and scalar type to unsigned char. I then apply the Threshold
filter as in the attached image and voila, I get the memory usage
pattern from the second image.

I can give you the Zeros file, but it is probably faster to generate it
than download. Let me know if you want the file... 8-)

Brian