[Paraview] Trying to run the servers on parallel

Kevin Hackel kevin.hackel at online.de
Wed Dec 12 12:36:26 EST 2012

Hi Sebastien,

There is a normal ethernet cable with 1 GB/s between server and computer.
The same data was created with different number of processes, for example 4 times 330 megabyte or 8 times 165 megabyte, so that the data as a whole is 1320 megabyte big and it is an unstructered data.
Well I had not the time to test it again, but I will do.

But what I haven’t understand is the fact that when I load this data and want to change the filter from outline to wireframe or surface than my Paraview crashed after one minute or so. When I load a single part of the data (with 165MB or 330MB) I could change the filter but it needs very long to do that.
When I first use isosurfaces on the data than I have no problem to view the data or to move it around. Where could be the problem?

Kevin