[Paraview] Statistics/Mesh quality

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Dec 10 10:50:23 EST 2012

> I am using Paraview to evaluate mesh quality (scaled Jacobian measurement) and want to know, how many elements have a larger quality measurement than, e.g., 0.8, 0.6, 0.4 and 0.2. Is there an easy way to extract this information? Thank you very much!

You could run the histogram filter on the dataset but that won't leave you with complete control over the bin cutoffs for quality values. It's probably what you want, though.

You can also create a Threshold filter for each quality (0.8, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2) of interest and look at the information tabs for a report of the number of cells. That is awkward but you get to pick exactly the quality values of interest, even if they are non-uniform.

	David