[Paraview] Reading DEM files

deb otrov at hush.ai
Tue Dec 4 11:16:54 EST 2012

Hi,

I have SRTM DEM file and I tried to open it with Paraview 3.14 on Windows. When I click Apply in Properties pane it failed.
Then I see there is new Paraview version - 3.98. I downloaded it, and I opened same file. Now clicking Apply seems like program reads the file, and data type is stated as "Image: Uniform rectilinear grid", but without any data.

I use gdal and it shows file correctly. I can transform DEM to other format with gdal_translate, if some format is more acceptable by Paraview, but I'm not sure to which format should I transform DEM file.
Any suggestions?

Thanks