[Paraview] Problems with visibility of 3D Widgets when switching between views

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:33:56 EDT 2012

Dear Utkarsh,

Thank You very much for Your response.

It checks actor's visibility at vtkVRMLExporter.cxx Ln 262, but actors
are visible because of some reasons. I'm sorry, looks like the problem
is much deeper. I tried even by playing from pvpython by executing:

active_objects.source.SMProxy.InvokeEvent('UserEvent', 'ShowWidget')
active_objects.source.SMProxy.InvokeEvent('UserEvent', 'HideWidget')

but it didn't work. I also experimented by counting number of actors
in interactive renderer object. After switching between views, it
contains ~13 actors, while after manually turning on and off widget's
visibility in Display panel it has ~9 (in this state exporter exports
correct scene - without 3d widgets). So, only way to "refresh" data in
current view is to manually turn ON and after it to turn OFF check box
on Display panel, which controls widget's visibility.

Btw, I have much more sophisticated exporter plugin and in which I
have the same problem. It works in similar way as VRMLExporter, so I
reported this with VRMLExporter test-case.

Thanks,
Nenad.