[Paraview] paraview git build with pgi 12.4 errors

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 17 12:40:01 EDT 2012

Hello, I'm attempting to build ParaView from the git repo with PGI 12.4 and I get the following errors for vtkSMTestDriver.cxx that I don't know how to fix:

"/usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/Utilities/TestDriver/vtkSMTestDriver.cxx", line 434: error:
          expression must be a modifiable lvalue
      commandLine.insert(++commandLine.begin(), "--multi-servers");
                           ^

"/usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/Utilities/TestDriver/vtkSMTestDriver.cxx", line 1296: error:
          expression must be a modifiable lvalue
        clientCommand.insert(++clientCommand.begin(), this->ServerURL.c_str());
                               ^

Also these, which I got around by adding #include <locale.h>
"/usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkProcessModule.cxx", line 57: error:
          identifier "LC_NUMERIC" is undefined
    setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"C");
              ^

"/usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkProcessModule.cxx", line 57: error:
          identifier "setlocale" is undefined
    setlocale(LC_NUMERIC,"C");
    ^

And this, which I got around by adding #include <string>

"/usr/apps/vis/ParaView/repo/ParaView/VTK/Filters/AMR/vtkAMREnzoReader.h", line 70: error:
          namespace "std" has no member "string"
    int GetIndexFromArrayName( std::string arrayName );

Can someone suggest a fix for the lvalue error?
Thanks,
Mark