[Paraview] help about the paraview comparative view

Zhijun Zhang zjzhang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:35:47 EDT 2012

hi Jourdain:

     I will have this kind of problem every time I do like this:
     1). I open a series of mesh files as   mesh* files.
     2). Then I open a layout view by click the '+' sign. A new tab with
2x2 views are generated.
     3). Then if I add a 3D glyph and choose in the property tab glyph type
as 'line', a output  message window pops out and it says:

Generic Warning: In
..\..\..\..\src\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\vtkSMPropertyHelper.cxx, line 729

Call not supported for the current property type.
If I choose tab glyph type as 'arrow', there is not this warning.

another thing is that some times if I would like to change 'glyph type'
from 'arrow' to
'line', only the glyph in the first view of the nxn views changes from the
arrow to
line, there others remain to be arrow. but then if I close the comparative
tab, paraview will
crash.
Thank you very much.

regards,