[Paraview] Odd Error Message

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 9 18:29:32 EDT 2012

Is your user running ParaView in client-server mode?  This error message
looks like ParaView failed to open up an X window.  This usually happens
when running ParaView on a server with no Xhost or with an Xhost that the
server process does not have permissions to open a window.  It could
happen after data is loaded because the window will be created only when
remote rendering is needed, and this happens only after the amount of data
to render goes above a certain threshold.

I have not seen this error in a while.  I thought the most recent versions
of ParaView were better about checking for this condition and disabling
remote rendering after a warning to the user.  What version of ParaView
are you using?

-Ken