[Paraview] running pvserver under IBM's POE MPI implementation

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Aug 8 16:18:53 EDT 2012

John,

I have been having difficulty finding anyone who knows much about POE
here. But looking at the error, it looks like pvserver is failing to
opening up a server-socket  to which the paraview clients are expected
to connect and this is independent of MPI. Try using pvbatch/pvpython.
Do they work? These don't open up a server socket by default. At least
we'd have narrowed the issue down.

Utkarsh