[Paraview] BUG?: Paraview 3.14.1 Linux 64-bit --> can not call GradientsOfUnstructuredDataSet through python script

Janusz Michalik janusz.michalik at epfl.ch
Wed Aug 8 05:35:01 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I switched from Paraview 3.12.0 to 3.14.1 Linux 64-bit and have the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 6, in <module>

TypeError: 'GradientOfUnstructuredDataSet' object is not callable

when I try to take the gradients of the velocity by calling: GradientsOfUnstructuredDatSet(). This worked in 3.12.0, did something change? Is there a quick fix for this? Please let me know. I would go back to the old version except that the numpy eig functions return 0+0i for any matrix I throw at it (so another bug which I assume won't be fixed since its an older version).

Best,
Janusz