[Paraview] Capping geometry (was Re: import filter in python?)

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 6 09:41:33 EDT 2012

[repost with smaller attachments and renamed subject]

Chris,

The Tube filter is meant to work on poly line input. It's not clear to
me from your emails, but it looks like you are trying to apply it to
this vasculature, which is polygonal data. When I do that in ParaView,
I get an empty output, most likely because there are no lines in the
vasculature object.

What part of the vasculature are you trying to cap? I see that there
are four open ends that all seem to be coplanar with the boundary of
the data (see yellow rings in the attached image). Is this what you
are trying to cap? If so, see the ParaView 3.14.1 state file at
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen/EndCapping.pvsm on how to identify
these openings, separate them into individual openings, create
polygonal meshes for them using the Delaunay 2D filter, then merging
the meshes for the openings with the original geometry using the
AppendGeometry and Clean filter. The state file only does this for two
of the four openings. You can modify it to take care of the other two.

Hope that helps,
Cory