[Paraview] newbie question -- cannot run simple example

newsboost newsboost at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:04:13 EDT 2012

Oh, I just suddenly found out that I can "save trace" from within
paraview and maybe things are working a bit more correct, from within
the python shell from paraview... After I "save trace" to a .py file, I
can exit paraview and write "python filename.py" and then it seems to do
what I want it to do.... That's great...

To answer you, David: I really really hate to have to compile paraview
from source because the great thing about ubuntu package system is that
it installs system files and takes care of my dependencies which is
always a huge problem.... Having realized that the save trace works, and
then I can do things from the console, is ok for a start for me - at
least... I'll write back to the list, if I run into big trouble. Thanks
David... Maybe you could also comment on the ubuntu package-system, it
sounds like you don't think it is so good or that it - interferes with
vtk - if I understand you correct?

Thans a lot for the itk.org reference/link also... Very interesting
stuff to read...