[Paraview] calculate flow rate through a "selected" cross-section?

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 11:09:52 EDT 2012

Dear Paraview experts,

I completed a CFD calculations which contains, U (velocity field) and p (pressure field).
I used "extract selection" to select a cross section.  I then would like to calculate the flow rate through this cross section, ie, U dot A.  I tried to use the Calculator function.  I saw U in the vector field.  Is there a way to have A (area, vector field) so that I can do U dot A, then, integrate U dot A to have flow rate?

Thanks!

Pei-Ying