[Paraview] libQtHelp.so.4 error

Magician f_magician at mac.com
Sun Apr 22 10:39:22 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I succeeded to build ParaView on CentOS 6.2,
and I had another Linux Workstation of CentOS 5.3.
So I built ParaView 3.14.1 on CentOS 5.3,
but I got some troubles to execute ParaView.

I installed those packages by yum command:
> libXext-devel.x86_64
> dbus-devel.x86_64
> libXext-devel.x86_64
> glib2-devel.x86_64
> gstreamer-devel.x86_64
> gstreamer-plugins-base-devel.x86_64
> gtk2-devel.x86_64
> libXt-devel.x86_64
And I built Python 2.7.2 (as Shared Library), cmake 2.8.7
and Qt 4.6.4 from sources.

Then I built ParaView, it seemed to be installed successfully.
But when I execute ParaView, I got an error as below:
> /usr/local/lib/paraview-3.14/paraview: error while loading
> shared libraries: libQtHelp.so.4: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

So I made symbolic link as below:
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libQtHelp.so.4 /lib64/libQtHelp.so.4

But I got another error:
> /usr/local/lib/paraview-3.14/paraview: error while loading
> shared libraries: libQtHelp.so.4: cannot open shared object
> file: Error 40

How could I solve these problems?

Magician