[Paraview] mapping PipelineSource with vtkActor names solution

Ian Curington ianc at acm.org
Fri Apr 20 06:53:20 EDT 2012

Regarding  resolving  meaningful actor  names  in  3D  views, I'd like to propose
adding a 1-line addition to:

ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/vtkGeometryRepresentation.h  line 185:

    vtkPVLODActor* GetActor(){return Actor;}

This will give plugin developers the minimum required handle to
make  the  name  mapping  work. Why do we need it? To capture pipeline
filter  names  for  external  scenegraph  systems,  such as PDF3D, VRML, etc.
This change is already tested and working in the lab.

Further Details are recorded in:
  http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13087
  including sample code on how this change can be used.

--
Best regards,
 Ian                          mailto:ianc at acm.org