[Paraview] Particle tracer

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:08:55 EDT 2012

Hi Burlen,

I am hoping that Utkarsh could help figure things out.
If you elaborate more on what you do and what happens, I could at least
share my experience.
I use *.vtr type files to generate particle trace and pathlines.
The problem I have/had is that as soon as I apply any Temporal Filter to
the *.vtr file series, it either gives me error message or crashes.
I was very very very lucky that I found out that for the same dataset, if I
use *.vtu format, no problems or crashing occurred. So, for now, I just
used a Clip filter to extract my data into a *.vtu format and rewrite them,
re-read them and do the ParticleTrace and ParticlePathlines.
That was my experience.

Let me know if I could be of any help.
Good luck,
Mohamad