[Paraview] MPI Socket in use

Gena Bug archaerolog at mail.ru
Tue Apr 17 04:27:11 EDT 2012

Hi!

Some time ago I tried to built ParaView with MPI and noticed that even if variables
MPI_{CXX,C}_COMPILER pointed to the right compilers (mpicxx and mpicc respectively), the
compilers from CMAKE_{CXX,C}_COMPILER variables were used (g++ and gcc).

Try turning on CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE and look what exactly happens.

P.S. What is the difference between MPI_{CXX,C}_COMPILER and CMAKE_{CXX,C}_COMPILER
variables?