[Paraview] Paraview bug with openFoam for oilflow with surface LIC

Lorenzo lovecraft22 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:41:31 EDT 2012

Hi all;
few times ago I learnt from this mailing list how to do an oilflow visualization with data from openFoam using the surface LIC.

Now, I noticed this only works if foamToVTK is run first.
If you try and do that using paraFoam you'll get nothing because you won't be able to select anything on the vectors field within the display tab.

I also noticed that if you run paraFoam, then load a .vtk surface on the same PV instance and do the surface LIC trick on the latter, then everything works also on the data from paraFoam you loaded at first.

Do know if this is actually a bug but I thought it would be worth mentioning…

Thank you!

Lorenzo