[Paraview] Color Map Lookup Table

Tricia Ferri tferri6 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:07:23 EDT 2012

Good Morning

I was curious if anyone could provide assistance.  I am creating a
lookup_table for my scalar attribute using legacy VTK  file format.  The
coloring of my data is exactly as expected when I load the reader into
paraView, however when I add a glyph the correct color is not applied to
the glyph??

I realize that I can load a colormap (XML) into ParaView through "Edit
color map" and import, however I was hoping for the user to not have to do
this each time.  Everything works well when I use the lookup_table default
except that I don't have the option of specifying the opacity (without user
interference).  Any thoughts on why the glyph is not using the properties
of the lookup_table I created in VTK??

I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

Tricia