[Paraview] Python Script for Marking Points

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:44:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to python scripting and need a little
bit of help. I'm trying to debug a parallel code using paraview. I have
an unstructured grid that I save as a legacy vtk file. In it, I save the
grid information and also the processor id of each point. What I want to
do, is to visually mark the ghost points on the grid for each processor. My
solution is simple right now, I open up the spreadsheet and select the
ghost points and they are automatically marked up on the wireframe view of
the grid.

Is there any way to automate this using a python script (or any other way)?
I can for example save the ghost point indecies in a file.

Thanks