[Paraview] plotting vector contours (not just the magnitude)

leo paul mawerick.leo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:22:12 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to plot a vector field and paraview either gives you plots for
each of its components or its total magnitude. Is there any way i could
have the 3 components listed in the vtk file and get it to plot out the
vector contour. Iam not able to get the negative values for the field if I
take only the magnitude. I have read a few posts on this issue and haven't
found any method to deal with this. Kindly help.
Leo Paul