[Paraview] Fwd: ParaView Constant Axes

Tricia Ferri tferri6 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:15:45 EDT 2012

Thank you for the quick response.  I played around with both the Box and
Axes sources.  My first question is that is it correct that after I add my
vtk files, then add the Box source (adding the properties I wish), I have
to then hit the "Reset" button in the Camera controls toolbar before the
box will move???

I treid to add the Box Source, then hit apply, then run the animation and
the box has not moved until I hit reset.  Am I doing something wrong?

My second question is when I add my vtk files, then add a glyph to the
pipeline (using an arrow as glyph type), the data points become arrows like
I would want.  However, as soon as I move origin, axes, or center of the
camera (using either a Box Source, Axes Source, Clicking the Pick Center
button in the Camera controls toolbar and then hitting reset, or by going
to the display tab and using the Annotation "Show Cube Axes") my glyphs
turn back to just points.  The only way I can get them back is to start the
animation, pause it and then change the glyph type and hit apply????

I have attached 2 of my VTK files.  THe first one in the time sequence and
one other random one so you can see how the points all start at (-1,-1,-1)
but then at different times there are objects "flying" somewhere in the
plane ([0 1000] [0 500] [0 50]).  I can make the axes all constant if that
helps

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Tricia