[Paraview] xdmf possible memory leak

Jason G. Fleming jason.fleming at seahorsecoastal.com
Wed Apr 4 12:39:18 EDT 2012

Hello

I am using the ParaView-3.14.0-Linux-32bit binary with some XDMF
data ... a netcdf4/hdf5 "heavy" data file plus an ascii XDMF xml file
that I generated to go along with it.

The data are time varying, and when I use "Save Animation", the memory
usage of my machine gradually increases as the process proceeds (please
see attached) until Paraview crashes with the following error:

Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted

What steps can I take to troubleshoot this issue further?

Cheers
Jason

--
Dr. Jason G. Fleming
Chief Engineer, Seahorse Coastal Consulting