[Paraview] paraview not running!!!

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Fri Sep 30 14:00:14 EDT 2011

Le 30/09/2011 18:50, David Partyka claviota:
> I do not recommend doing as Pierre suggests and take no responsibility
> if you do.

Actually, you're very right, I should have warned: *this can break your
system*!
On the other hand, if you have root rights (which seems to be the case),
then you know what you are doing.
So I do precise: this is a quick and dirty way to do things.  Something
similar to what a proper installer would do, but without any checking or
so, so it may damage things.

> The binary is self contained. Simply run ./bin/paraview in whatever
> location you extracted the tarball and it should work.

Yes, this is safer, of course, but then, you always have to recall your
executable path; for instance, you work in some obscure directory, you
cannot just type paraview in your shell to run it.  Which is much more
convenient, isn't it?

Alternatively, you can put it in some /opt, which is a bit safer.

À+
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue