[Paraview] paraview not running!!!

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Fri Sep 30 12:38:35 EDT 2011

Le 30/09/2011 16:51, naveen kumar claviota:
> I down loaded ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz
> <http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.12/ParaView-3.12.0-RC2-Linux-i686.tar.gz>,
> but donot contain any readme or INSTALL file!!!.

Oops. I guess someone should react, somewhere, and add such files...

> the folders it contains are bin/, lib/ and share/ that all!
> how should i procede?

In this case, I *guess* you should copy the contents of bin/ to your
/usr/bin/, then lib/ into /usr/lib/ , and then share/ into /usr/share/

(This is not a very clean way to do things, I'd rather do yum's,
apt-get's or aptitude's, or even make install... But faute de grives, on
mange des merles: if someones knows how to translate this into some
proper English...)

Then, from any console, typing para<TAB> should autocomplete to
paraview, and this should launch paraview.

À+
Pierre

PS: I try to do the same on my side, to check, but my bandwidth is not
too good, so it'll take some time to download the tarball.

PPS: I replied by mistake directly to Naveen.
I have a question: would it be possible to adjust the list so that when
one replies to a message, it replies by default to the list, instead of
replying "privately" to the sender?
This is the default behaviour in most discussion lists, and I think it
is much convenient: everyone can enjoy, or argue, or hate, etc. the
discussion. If someone really wants to reply privately, it is still
possible, but not by default.
Thanks!
Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue