[Paraview] newbie presentation

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Wed Sep 28 17:35:21 EDT 2011

Hello, list!

I just subscribed to this list, so, according to an old tradition, I
will briefly introduce myself: I'm a geologist, 44 year-old, living in
south-western France.  I work as a consultant, mostly for mining
exploration, but also in all fields of geology. I worked quite a few
years as an expatriate in a few companies; now I do missions, mostly in
Africa.

I am a Free Software enthusiast, I discovered GNU/Linux in 1999, on a
mining exploration camp in the middle of the Sahara, in Mauritania.
Now, in my company, I only use GNU/Linux debian (stable and unstable)
machines, and a FreeBSD on the file server side.  There is only one
application, GDM (a software package from BRGM, for geology), for which
I must still have a windows 2000 running in a box somewhere.

I used to code and develop applications, a long time ago.  I am now
quite rusty, but I hope to be able to go back into some serious coding.
At the moment, I mostly code python or bash scripts.

I recently discovered paraviewgeo, I managed to compile and run it on my
debian.  I've been invited to join the present list, so here I am!

Now, I will try to do the paraview tutorial, I just downloaded
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/2/2d/ParaViewTutorial310.pdf
and
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/5/5d/ParaViewTutorialData.tar.gz

I'm sure I will soon have many questions to ask...

Best regards,
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue