[Paraview] Wrong camera position in animation view panel

Cristiano Malossi cristiano.malossi at epfl.ch
Tue Sep 27 14:14:43 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am using ParaView 3.10.1 64bit compiled on a Debian OS and I have a
problem using the camera in the "animation view" panel. To move the
camera I am using the "Interpolate camera locations" option, which
should be quite simple to tune: just select a first view at the initial
time, and another view for the final time. In particular, I am using the
current view as the first one, while I set manually the parameters for
the second view, using the values from the "Adjust camera" panel.

Doing so, the camera at the initial time is set correctly, but then
moves to a wrong location. If I click on the "adjust camera" button, it
shows me a different location with respect to the one I imposed. In
particular, the X and Y positions seems multiplied by a factor 10, while
the Z position is totally wrong. Similar issue with the X, Y, and Z
focal angles.

I tried to run the same easy test both using a python script and the
graphical interface, with the same bad result. Could you please check if
there is any bug there, or tell me if I am doing something wrong? Thank you.

Best regards,

    Cristiano Malossi

--
        Cristiano Malossi
        Ph.D. Student

        EPFL - SB - SMA - MATHICSE
        CMCS - Modelling and Scientific Computing
        Office MA C2 577, Av.Piccard, Station 8.
        CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
        Ph.    : +41 21 69 32733
        E-mail : cristiano.malossi at epfl.ch