[Paraview] non ordered composite distributor and IceT

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Mon Sep 26 11:13:17 EDT 2011

John,

That all sounds correct.  Option 2 might get a little dodgy because the
IceT parallel render manager does all sorts of funny things with the
renderer and render window buffers to handle tile displays.  There will
also be some oddness with an actor compositing an image that gets pasted
to a framebuffer that gets composited again.

I think Option 1 (or some variant of it) would be easier to implement even
if it does break encapsulation.

Ken knows much more than me about the Icet compositor and tiled display
things, so there might be issues that I am not aware of here.
Pasting the image to a framebuffer that gets composited again should not
be an issue (the LIC mapper does it, even though it does nothing about
parallel composition)

If you do not want to use a shader, then you need either to use the opengl
fixed pipeline (I do not know the correction that you need to do, but that
might be possible), or copy the pixels back on your RAM, do the work on
the CPU and go back to the VRAM... I fear you will get horrible
performance that way! The shaders should be quite easy to write, the
imageProcessingPass does most of the dirty work for you (setup the
framebuffer, render a quad...)

Best,
Stephane

Stephane PLOIX
Chef de groupe
EDF – R&D / SINETICS
Réalité virtuelle et visualisation scientifique
1, av du General de Gaulle
92140 Clamart

stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Tél. : 01 47 65 51 10

Un geste simple pour l'environnement, n'imprimez ce message que si vous en
avez l'utilité.

biddisco at cscs.ch
26/09/2011 16:55

stephane.ploix at edf.fr
cc
kmorel at sandia.gov, paraview at paraview.org
Objet
RE: [Paraview] non ordered composite distributor and IceT

Stephane

I like your 2.

As a starting point to see how it all fits together, I decided to create a
renderview cloned from the renderviews plugin which did the RGB correction
in a special render pass. The examples use shaders to apply the
ImageProcessingPass, but I would like a standard imagefilter to accomplish
it.

I am not forced to use a shader am I? (I didn’t look too deeply yet, but
it seems like the image processing pass receives an FBO and from that I
can access the pixels using the imageimport and do what’s needed, but it
looks a bit messy – is there a simpler way?).

thanks

JB