[Paraview] stl file generation using python shell

guillaume caillaud guillaume at cfd-ing.de
Mon Sep 26 09:18:04 EDT 2011

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hello

I have a limited experience in python programming and Im encountering an issue trying to generate a stl file out of a xyz file in Paraview.
My plan is to use "TableToPoints" Command then "Delaunay2D" to create a stl file in the python shell. The main issue is that after changing the initial xyz file by putting X,Y,Z for the first line then separating numerical values with commas, I cannot change the X, Y,Z columns in Paraview TableToPoints frame. In other words, I have initially a window with X Column, Y column and Z column all set to X.

What I have written so far is :

reader = OpenDataFile("/home/projects/stud_temp/Guillaume/AllScripts/ScriptsParaview/testXyz2.csv")
paraview.simple._create_view("SpreadSheetView")
a=TableToPoints(reader)

After these few script lines I would then write something like : paraview.servermanager.filters.TableToPoints.YColumn = "Y"
but I couldnt find anything related to this topic on paraview forums.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you for your time

Guillaume