[Paraview] Reproducing Custom Filter example

Ingvar Tunell yingfan68 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 15:43:49 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to reproduce the Custom Filter example at
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Custom_Filters
as a step in creating a yet more customized filter. In the end I want
to be able to just click on the surface
and get additional surface stream lines based on each clicked point.
Similar to in tecplot for those who are familiar with
streamtracing there...

Could someone please give me the details of the choices made in this example?
I'm assuming the disk_out_ref.ex2 file is the one from the Paraview
tutorial, but where
is the slice made, what points are the the mask filter working on, etc.?
At the moment I don't even get stream lines in the plane as it should.

Cheers,
Ingvar