[Paraview] Tecplot 10 ASCII reading

Ingvar Tunell yingfan68 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:51:22 EDT 2011

Hi All,

The solution was to not write Nodes and Elements but N and E (in
Tecplot both are ok), remove the DT entry (I only have single type
variables anyway). I think the problem was that one has to specify
every variable or none while tecplot just fills in with single by
default. However that wasn't obvious from the error messages. Oh and
one has to name the x,y and z coordinates to exactly that (or
capitals), which I found in one of the header files. Hope this helps
someone to use the visitreader for tecplot ascii files.

Cheers,