[Paraview] Getting the coordinates of the point with max temperature

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Sep 9 13:00:06 EDT 2011

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
Phone: 518-881-4909

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Tibi Chelcea <tchelcea at transim.com> wrote:
> th.SelectInputScalars = ['0','0','0','1','temperature']

Try changing that to:
th.SelectInputScalars = ['0','0','0','0','temperature']

I think you are asking the filter to threshold the cell associated
array name temperature, and that yours is on the points instead.

See:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAlgorithm.html#a42a55ca2c277aecc909ad592d12978aa
And of course the code where that enum is declared.

Also, I think you should try to get 3.10 working on your system in
batch mode. Since 3.4, the paraview.simple layer and the Trace feature
have made paraview scripting far easier to learn.

good luck!