[Paraview] Help getting resetting cameras between batch viz runs

Rick Muller rpmuller at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:24:53 EDT 2011

Thanks for the help people gave me for the question below. I now have a
workable solution for much of the batch imaging I need to do.

I'd now like to add some surface rendering, that is, setting
>>> DataRepresentation.Representation = 'Surface'
>>> DataRepresentation.ColorArrayName = 'solution'

Previously, I had used the slice object to get the range of values and the
bounds:

>>> s = Slice(SliceType="Plane")
>>> m,M = s.CellData[0].GetRange()
>>> xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax,zmin,zmax =
s.GetDataInformation().DataInformation.GetBounds()

However, I no longer have the slice object. I have the DataRepresentation
object, and the RenderView, and the output of the ExodusIIReader() call.
I've also defined a number of elementblocks that I can set via:

>>> reader.ElementBlocks = ['a','b']

Can I use any of the available objects to get the data and the boundary
ranges?

Thanks in advance...

--
Rick Muller