[Paraview] Machine hangs when using Paraview

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Sep 6 08:51:04 EDT 2011

Please keep responses on the mailing list so everyone can contribute
and benefit.

Edit->Settings->RenderView->Depth Peeling, make sure "Enable Depth
Peeling" is not checked.

Depth peeling is the algorithm ParaView uses to enforce a correct
front to back order of translucent rendered geometry. It is fairly
graphics hardware intensive.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer