[Paraview] Face Data on vtkUnstructuredGrids

George Zagaris george.zagaris at kitware.com
Mon Oct 31 08:35:05 EDT 2011

Hi Andy,

Given your unstructured volume mesh, M, one way to achieve what you
describe is the following:

(1) Construct a vtkUnstructureGrid instance, F(M), consisting of the
faces of M, i.e., each cell in F(M) is a facet in M.
(2) Build auxiliary arrays for each cell in F(M) to store which cells
in M the face is adjacent to.

I think you can do this in one loop and it should be sufficient for
the operations you want to perform, e.g., interpolate to the face etc.

Let me know if you need more help to get started on this.

Best,
George