[Paraview] Problems with pvdataserver and pvrenderserver

René Widera psychocoder at web.de
Wed Oct 26 15:18:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

this is the way I start my paraview envirement.

(on a cluset)   mpirun -machinefile server.dat -np 4 ./pvdataserver
(on joker)  ./pvrenderserver
(world)     ./paraview

The problem is if the first node from the pvdataserver and the
pvrenderserver are not on the same machine I get a connecting error if I
connect with the client to both servers.
The dataserver can not connect to the renderserver, because the
dataserver not use the ip (or hostname) of the renderserver e.g.
joker:53652 instead the dataserver would connect to localhost:53652, but
there is not server.
If I putdataserver (master) and renderserver on the same host the
renderserver listen on localhost and can answere the connection entry of
the dataserver.

How I can tell the dataserver on which host the renderserver listening.
I would create a *.pvx file but if I do this I get problems with the
cut/slice tool.

psychocoder