[Paraview] use of global variables

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Fri Oct 7 13:15:09 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I have a custom reader, and I generate cells and points data correctly.
Now I am trying to put global data (like material propeties) in a
vtkFieldData using

ouput->SetFieldData(my_vtkfielddata);

This work properly and I can see the information in the information tab
(variable Y).

But the problem is I am unable to access this information in paraview, I
cant use the variable in the calculator, and if apply the calculator
filter the global fields are not passed to the output.

How can I access this kind of information in the calculator??

I am using the 3.12.0-RC2 from git in linux, and a custom reader in c++.

--

Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche
Felipe.Bordeu at ec-nantes.fr