[Paraview] Accessing OpenGL from standard VTK filter

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Oct 5 11:56:16 EDT 2011

Are you hoping that this will make its way into the main VTK repo or is this
personal code that you plan on maintaining yourself and plan on linking with
VTK?

There are people that know more about this than me but this sounds like a
bad idea for the main VTK repo.  A lot of the OpenGL specific calls are
hidden by factories which create them as needed.  For example, you'd create
a vtkPolyDataMapper and the factory would create the
vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper, vtkMesaPolyDataMapper, etc as needed by the build.

Andy