[Paraview] confused with getting nan values in plot over line

ali rostai ali.rostai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 00:58:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a tensor field (stress) which I like to draw it on a line in the
middle of the domain.
When I use the "Plot over line" filter I get "nan" values.

You can see them as points far away from the borders of plot (screenshot
attached). Also
when I do a "save data" and write points to a csv file I can see the nan
values in the resulting
file(again attached).

My field does not contain any nan values and I'm confused how they are
coming...

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some idea on this behavior.

Thanks,
Ali