[Paraview] Chart View Question

Panneton, Brian C USA CTR (US) brian.c.panneton.ctr at mail.mil
Mon Oct 3 09:42:22 EDT 2011

>> 2) Have 1 output with a vtktable as part of the multiblockdataset. Add
>> another representation to view just the vtktable. This way I can plot/graph
>> the vtktable and add in other data if necessary. The issue I am having with
>> this option is setting up the Extension and RepresentationType in the xml.
>> Would I need to create a custom view?

>I don't think I understand what you're trying to do here. Can you elaborate?

This should give a better idea:
I would end up having two representations for the plugin: 1) inherits from vtkGeometryRepresentation and 2) inherits from vtkXYChartRepresentation. My reader's output would be in the form of a vtkMultiBlockDataSet which would hold information for both representations (polydatas for representation 1 and vtktables for representation 2) The same vtkMultiBlockDataSet would be passed to each representation where the representation would control what would be sent to the view. For 1, the tables would be ignored and for 2, the polydatas would be ignored.

The problem I have run into:
I'm not sure how I can set up the XML so that I can select the Representation in the GUI. (Or if I should even be trying to do this)

[code]
 <ProxyGroup name="representations">
        <!-- 3d representation -->
        <RepresentationProxy name="MyFirstRepresentation"
            class="vtkMyFirstRepresentation"
            processes="client|renderserver|dataserver"
            base_proxygroup="representations"
            base_proxyname="SurfaceRepresentation">
        </RepresentationProxy>
        <Extension name="GeometryRepresentation">
            <RepresentationType subproxy="MyFirstRepresentation"
                text="My Rep" subtype="Surface" />
            <SubProxy>
                <Proxy name="MyFirstRepresentation"
                    proxygroup="representations"
                    proxyname="MyFirstRepresentation">
                </Proxy>
                <ShareProperties subproxy="SurfaceRepresentation">
                    <Exception name="Input" />
                    <Exception name="Visibility" />
                    <Exception name="Representation" />
                </ShareProperties>
                <ExposedProperties>
                </ExposedProperties>
            </SubProxy>
        </Extension>

        <!-- Statistical Representation -->
        <RepresentationProxy name="MyStatisticRepresentation"
            class="vtkMyStatisticRepresentation"
            processes="client|renderserver|dataserver"
            base_proxygroup="representations"
            base_proxyname="XYChartRepresentation">
        </RepresentationProxy>

        <Extension name="????">
            <RepresentationType subproxy="MyStatisticRepresentation"
                text="My Stat Rep" subtype="?????" />
        </Extension>
    </ProxyGroup>
[/code]

If there are any other ways to do this, I would be interested in looking into them.

Thanks,
Brian Panneton