[Paraview] How to Build my own ParaView 3.12.0 Distribution

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sun Nov 13 14:07:42 EST 2011

I get this error:

C:\Users\mjackson\Workspace\ParaView-3.12.0\x64>CPack -G ZIP --config Applicatio
ns\ParaView\CPackParaViewConfig.cmake -C Release
CPack: Create package using ZIP
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install project: ParaView Runtime Libs
CPack: - Install project: VTK Runtime Libs
CMake Error at C:/Applications/CMake-2.8.6/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/BundleUtiliti
es.cmake:668 (message):
  error: fixup_bundle: not a valid bundle
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Users/mjackson/Workspace/ParaView-3.12.0/x64/VTK/Utilities/Release/cmake_in
stall.cmake:46 (fixup_bundle)
  C:/Users/mjackson/Workspace/ParaView-3.12.0/x64/VTK/cmake_install.cmake:50 (IN
CLUDE)
  C:/Users/mjackson/Workspace/ParaView-3.12.0/x64/cmake_install.cmake:32 (INCLUD
E)

CPack Error: Error when generating package: ParaView

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I added  -DPARAVIEW_INSTALL_THIRD_PARTY_LIBRARIES=ON
-DVTK_INSTALL_THIRD_PARTY_LIBRARIES=ON to my configure script. I build
with "msbuild /p:Configuration=Release ParaView.sln" from the command
prompt.

 I also have "-DBUILD_DOCUMENTATION=ON -DDOCUMENTATION_HTML_HELP=ON"
so will that generate all the help files and package those?

Is there a script that kitware uses that I can adjust to suit my
needs? All I really have are my own 3 custom plugins that need to be
bundled.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net