[Paraview] paraview with NVIDA gpu's? (for superquadric glyphs)

pratik pratik.mallya at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:04:00 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
i am currently running pvserver on a computer with 4-core Cpu and 4
Tesla C1060 gpu cards.
My question was:
1)does paraview use the graphics card for rendering only or also for
processing (computing)?
2) I am guessing it is the former. If so, is it possible to use CUDA to
use gpu's to speedup the computation? (I am using the superquadric glyph
filters (http://www.itk.org/Wiki/User_Created_Plugins), and i wanted to
speed that up) In particular, will PV compile with the nvidia C compiler
(Has anyone done this?) so that i can use the CUDA code in it?

Thanks in advance,
Pratik