[Paraview] pvserver on node with 4 gpu's and 1 cpu(4 cores)

pratik pratik.mallya at gmail.com
Sun May 29 17:43:39 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,
I am trying to  run pvserver on a computer with 4 tesla c1040 gpu's and
a  4 core CPU.
In the Paraview wiki about running on nodes with multiple gpu the
following is mentioned:

"For example, if you have two GPUs on a node, they are probably
referenced by the displays localhost:0.0 and localhost:0.1."

How to i find out which gpu's are referenced by which displays? If they
are not referenced by any displays, can anyone please tell me how i go
about in actually setting it? In particular i saw this thread:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2010-April/017171.html
but could not figure out the above question.

Thanks in advance,

pratik