[Paraview] origin of arc_length after application of "plot on intersection line" filter

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Tue May 24 23:52:13 EDT 2011

waku2005,

* Make the intersection line visible in the 3D view by clicking the
eye-icon
* Open Selection Inspector
* Choose the PlotOnIntersectionCurve object from Current Object
* Click Create Selection
* Choose POINT from Field Type
* Click New Value
* Enter Composite ID of your interst DataSet from the Data Hierarchy
  list on the left
* Enter 0 in the Index field

And you should be able to see the origin point is highlighted in the
3D view and the 2D plot view.

Additionaly, you can see which points in 3D view corresponds to which
part of the plot by clicking Select Points On in the menu bar and
selecting the points by mouse, with point ID labels if you further do
* Click Point Label in the selection inspector
* Check Visible
* Label Mode: Point IDs.

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN