[Paraview] How to repeat a 1 deg segment to produce larger angles

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue May 17 17:17:50 EDT 2011

Hmm, we don't have a nice interface for that.

The reflection filter will copy geometry across the x,y or z vector
and optionally aggregate the input and output together. But it looks
like that won't do anything but right angles.

The transformation filter will let you do arbitrary rotations so you
can rotate out each additional degree. It won't aggregate so you will
need an append filter to merge the results back together if you want
to control them all afterwards as one. The interface to specify the
transformation is either via text entry (exact) or via a widget that
you can drag around in the scene (easy).

I suggest setting up the transform manually via python scripting and
submitting a request on user voice for some new widget that is both
easy to use and exact and repeatable.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer