[Paraview] XML-only Plugins

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:23:31 EDT 2011

Hi,
I noticed that the bug http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=10835 has been
updated and fixed. As I wanted to confirm the resolution on my machine, I
tried to load some XML plugins and received the following message :

 ERROR: In
> /home/euHeart/Codes/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx,
> line 184
>
> vtkPVPluginLoader (0x26b01b0):
> /home/euHeart/Codes/Peavip/Plugins/Filters/ImageCast.xml: invalid ELF header

The wiki has a section entitled "Invalid ELF header" but it is empty.

The plugin is successfully loaded when using a compilation step. Please find
attached an XML that triggers the error (it simply exposes vtkImageCast
filter to paraview). Maybe some things has changed in PV-3.10.x and my XML
is not ParaView compliant anymore ? In this case, why the compiled plugin
does work ??? I encoutnered this error with PV-3.10.1 and pv 3.11.1

Thanks a lot !

Jerome